Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
AUTHOR: Seth Godin
The book explains that market is blind to advertising unless your product and marketing is remarkable. Remarkable products have marketing built into the product itself. If your product is remarkable market will not just start paying attention but it will also start seeking out for your stuff.
The book sold over 150,000 copies in its first 2 years of release.
A Purple cow is a product, service or technique SO USEFUL, INTERESTING, OUTRAGEOUS AND NOTEWORTHY that you will have the markets attention. We are going to learn 12 points mentioned in the book that will be ridiculously valuable for you.
- START FROM BEGINNING
- STOP BEING “VERY GOOD”
- HOW TO FIND A PURPLE COW?
- MOORE’S IDEA DIFFUSION CURVE
- NICHE DOWN AND GET SPECIFIC
- ONCE YOU HIT A PURPLE COW DO THE FOLLOWING
- IGNORE EVERYONE EXCEPT THE INFLUENTIAL SNEEZER
- BEING SAFE IS RISKY
- MEASURE EVERYTHING, IF YOU MEASURE IT WILL IMPROVE
- DON’T FOLLOW THE LEADER
- HAVE A TOUCHSTONE
- OLD AND NEW RULE OF MARKETING
- METHODS TO MAKE YOUR OWN PURPLE COW